Monday 23 March 2015

Week 5: Breaking The Grid

This post is part of my Visual Design module online portfolio


As part of the directed study task this week we were asked to experiment with 'breaking the grid' in order to enhance the design of the magazine and in order to add 'flare' to the design. I decided to use pull out quotes and the main image in order to break the grid of this magazine.

The pull out quotes immediately draw the eyes of the reader to this quote giving them an incline to what the article is about and what they can expect from the story. I chose to enlarge the image to fit across the two grids in order to make it stand out, I originally had it across the 3 grids but felt this was too big and took away the article aspect of the magazine.

Breaking the grid allows you to be less conventional and traditional and more interesting and unique with your design. Since completing this task I have realised there are many more ways in order to break the grid. If I were to do this task again I would experiment with shaping the text.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...