Wednesday 4 March 2015

Week 4: CD Cover Design

This post is part of my Visual Design module online portfolio 

For this weeks directed study task we were asked to create a CD cover of our favourite albumn. I chose to do Taylor Swift 'Red'. As the albumn title is 'Red' I decided that one of the main features of the design would be the colour. I came up with the idea of the squares and at first I wanted to use squares to create Taylor's face and in between each one have a red square however this didn't work as well as I liked. So I decided to use a more 'random' approach, the squares create a sophisticated and elegant feel as well as being mysterious and exciting. I was really happy with how the design turned out. For the typography I decided to use Pristina as it looks like handwriting and a signature that Taylor could have written herself. I used Perpetua Titling MT for 'Red' as it was sophisticated and elegant. 

For the back cover of the albumn I used the same font as the front for Taylor's name and then Century Gothic for the list of songs I used Century Gothic because it was simple and readable. I decided to feature the red squares again in order to incorporate the same design as the front cover, it also adds some fun and some colour without taking over the whole design.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...