Sunday 1 March 2015

February Round-Up & Published Articles


Ahhhhhhhhh, February how kind you have been. I cannot even begin to explain how much I have appreciated the past month, so much has changed and so much has happened and I am so happy about it.

It has been hard admittedly; balancing 3 jobs, my degree, my blog, my writing for different publications AND living in two different places whilst my parents were on their jollies(Thank-God for 3G and laptops). It's been tough, yet rewarding and I'm very much the kind of person that strives under pressure and thrives of the stress.

Lets start at the beginning...

In January I did some Work Experience (you will know if you read my post about it, if not catch up here) and much to my surprise I was actually offered a part-time job with the company (WHAT)!!! Yeah, so as you can imagine I was extremely excited. BUT I knew I had an interview the following week at my University *****What do I do******* I thought.

The company I did WEX with was a successful PR Agency called Connect PR and to be offered a job with them was quite a big thing for me as I want to go into the PR industry so to turn it down was not really an option. The job I was going for at Uni was 'PR and Marketing Assistant' also a super super cool job for me to have and quite easy too as I am at Uni at random times so if I got the job it would mean making better use of the time there. Can you see my dilemma here guys?

Sooo... what did I do? Of course I took the job with Connect as it was just too good and too stupid to turn down. So then I had the dilemma of: do I go to my interview or not? After a lot of deliberation(and a pro's and con's list) I decided to go to the interview to gain interview experience as it was unlikely I was going to get the job anyway, as I am only in my first year and very much at the bottom of the ladder, I was sure I wasn't going to get the job so I thought I might as well go for the interview practise.

Low-and-behold, I got the job - WHAT! - yes, so more predicament lay ahead.

I forgot to mention, I already have a part time job as a waitress where I work weekends. I have done this for just short of 3 years. So I thought, why not take BOTH jobs and it would mean having to quit my part-time job as a waitress, which was a difficult decision to make as I love working with all my friends but it was a no-brainer really, I couldn't not take the two jobs which would give me experience in the industry I want to go in to (and better money).  

So yeah, that happened. I had to give a months notice at the pub and start straight away at the other jobs so as you can imagine it has been busy, difficult and stressful to say the least haha.

But last weekend was my last weekend at the pub, and the end of a chapter... but now March is here and I am so excited to be able to work in the Media industry gaining experience whilst also developing skills and learning about the industry as part of my degree - win, win.

I am sad to see February go but I am excited to see what March brings too... Lets go!

Below are links to my online articles that have been published in February 2015 or any coverage I have had published as part of my new job. 

5 Celebrities you should be following on Instagram 

Charlotte Crosby's amazing body transformation 

#RethinkMedia 

BCU Creative looks for students to become paid mentors 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...