Monday 23 February 2015

How to keep sane whilst leading a busy life

Sometimes life can get in the way, your to-do list is the length of your arm and you are so stressed out you don't even know where to start. Here are my top tips for stopping yourself from going insane when life gets a little on top of you:

Have a routine 
Having a routine can really help keep you organised, for example I know my Uni timetable and the days I am at different jobs and try and stick to this every week if possible. Therefore you can work everything else around this and make the most of your time.

To-do lists
Ahhh, how do people live without a to-do list and a diary? I write everything down, relying on 'remembering' something does not work with me! I have a diary I carry round with me all the time and a desk pad which sits on my desk with a day-to-day schedule and notes for things I need to remember (ooh little miss organised)

What is your inspiration? 
Think of something you are looking forward to in the future, a holiday or a night out. Remember this when you feel like you are running round like a *madwoman* trying to get everything done. This will inspire you to keep going.

Think of the reward 
Every time something I have written gets published or a blog post gets lots of hits or comments I feel very rewarded and happy that I put in the effort(wooo). Sometimes the week gets a bit crazy and I sometimes don't want to write any articles or blogs but when it pays of it is rewarding, hold on to that feeling and it will make you want to do whatever it is you aren't too excited about.

Have in mind the end goal
Think of the end goal - why are you doing what you are doing? Is it towards your a-levels, your degree or is it to get more followers on your blog? Whatever it is, picture the end goal and it will motivate you. Picture yourself opening your results to 3 A's or B's or whatever you're aiming for, picture yourself getting to where you want to be and it will motivate you to do your best.

Get some sleep 
My best friend(sad I know), ultimately the more sleep you get the more energy you are going to have, the more you will be able to do in the day and the more 'up for it' you will feel and less sluggish and lazy.

Keeping one day completely to yourself
This is something I am adding into my routine. If you can, have one day completely to yourself, no work, no Uni work just a day doing what you want to do, seeing who you want to see and not worrying or stressing about the other things you need to do. This will keep you going throughout the week as well as you know that you are going to have your day off soon.




 



How do you keep yourself from going insane whilst leading a busy life? How do you combine blogging with a job or a degree? Any advice I can add into my life and routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...