Monday 23 February 2015

Week 3: 'Bright Ideas Design' Business Card

This post is part of my Visual Design online portfolio 



For this weeks directed study task we were asked to create a business card for a 'young and funky' design company called 'Bright Ideas Design'. 

With this idea of young and funky in mind I decided to create a quirky and different logo for the company, I used the font Charlemagne Std as it is fun and different, which could represent the company themselves as they want to be seen as young and funky. By using a font that is a little bit different it adds to the 'young' feel that the company is going for and therefore shows I understand the design brief. 

I used a bright yellow background of the business card in order for the card to stand out amongst others, and the colour represents the 'bright' in the title of the company. For the same reasons I chose to use bright colours in each word of the company, by using the 3 different colours it adds to this 'funky' vibe that the company wants to represent. I added the black border around each letter of the words so that the word and company name wasn't lost in the colours. 

As the company wants to be seen as young and funky I assume it is aiming to communicate to younger people, therefore for the contact information I have simply used Twitter & Facebook. As young people today use these two social networks as a basis of communication more than they do email's and company websites. 

The font I used for the contact information is Bell MT, I chose this as it is simple and easy to read, which the company would want as they would want to communicate this information to young people who wouldn't really want to read through lots of information. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...