Sunday 4 January 2015

The Perfect Distraction

This weekend I have not been very well at all, I think the Christmas and New Year shenanigans have caught up with me and I have had a awful cold, felt very weak and overall extremely crappy. As well as this most of my friends are home from Uni still for the Christmas break and a lot of them went out last night and I was really excited to see everybody and unfortunately I had to give it a miss, which meant I felt even worse, and began feeling sorry for myself.

However, this not so great weekend has turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I have been able to reflect on what has been a monstrously busy few months. I have been wrapped up in a blanket with copies amounts of tea whilst watching film after film, and typing away blog posts on my MacBook. This weekend has given me the chance to recharge my batteries and given me enough energy to go out and face January with a bang.

I have just finished the weekend with a hot bubble bath (using a Monsoon bath cream and burning the 'Christmas Cookie' Yankee Candle) which has left me feeling extremely relaxed, happy and calm. Although it has been a bit of a rubbish start to 2015, it has a silver lining. I am now feeling much better, although I assume I'll have this annoying cough for a few more days yet. 

Sometimes we need to take a break from our busy lives to recharge our batteries and relax, to distract ourselves from work or from the drama going on and just concentrate on ourselves. This weekend has been the perfect distraction from my responsibilities and allowed me to slob about and not feel guilty about it, allowed me to cry at films because I have concentrated on the plot and am now emotionally involved, and I have actually concentrated on documentaries and programmes instead of having them as background noise. Before going back to reality (as most people are tomorrow), it is important to have a little time to concentrate on yourself and relax, reflecting on the Christmas break. 

I hope you have all had a lovely Christmas break and a happy start to the new year, and for those of you who are going back to reality tomorrow, going back to school or to work, I hope you feel ready, relaxed and energised! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...