Saturday 4 January 2014

Holiday Planning!

Happy New Year, first and foremost. Wishing you all a wonderful, happy, healthy 2014. 

So since the new year has begun, me and boyfriend have already got our sights set on summer 2014! Where we will be leaving sixth form and entering the big wide world, and the 'real world' as many people like to call it. Scary, nerve-racking and exciting all at the same time. Anyway, this talk is for another time as I still have about 6 months left of education, unless I go to university, of course. So, awaiting me is lots of hard work, exams, stress etc etc. But to keep me going through all of that is the thought of summer and all the shenanigans we will be getting up to, including V fest (hopefully), possibly going away with the girls - which at the moment looks unlikely, going away with Brad - which is looking very, very likely. Lots of nights out, as everybody in our girl group will be 18, BBQ's,  days at the beach, beer gardens, all very exciting. 

Bradley and I have been looking at holiday's for a couple of months and yesterday we found (what seems to be) the most perfect holiday - Lanzarote, all inclusive and right in our budget. The hotel has a beautiful pool, it's right on the beach, there is more than one restaurant and food/drink all day as part of the all inclusive package. Last night I spent about 1 hour looking through all of the trip advisor's for the hotel, 90% of which are extremely good and persuading. I am so excited! As much as I love my friends and family, going away with my boyfriend is so so exciting, not only for the reason that we will be on our own and can do whatever we like, but Bradley and I get on so well, we have so much fun together, we literally spend all of our time laughing, and as well as being a couple we are also best friends (cliché i know). So, going away together is just the most exciting thing. I'm beginning to sound really queer and loved up so i'll stop. 

I would absolutely love to go on holiday with my girls, the only problem is everybody wants different things. There is about 10 of us, just less going on the holiday. Like with all girl groups there are some shy girls, some opinionated - so coming to a group decision proves difficult. Firstly, we looked at Zante as we know many others who went their last year, and loved it and it is popular this year too (according to the travel agents, and we know other people our age going). But, not only did we begin 'arguing' about the destination, some wanted Zante, others wanted to look into other places, we found that the the time we would go had to be negotiated, as some are going away with families, boyfriends, some have work that they need to consider, and lots of other things that come into it. The time frame we found which we could all do, happens to be smack bang in the middle of the holiday, and therefore the most expensive time. Going on holiday with my friends would be so, so fun and if it gets sorted I will definitely go (if the price is in reason), but I would rather not be at the front running of the organising (even though they all want me to as I am quite a good organiser) because every time we talk about it, arguments begin, and I don't want to strain our friendships because of it. 

So, while its raining and miserable January here in the UK, I do have lots to look forward to, to plan, to think about. Even though my mind should be on my school work, my exams, my future!! Argh sttttreeesssss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...