Monday 29 September 2014

Why I Love Blogging

When I mention the fact that I have a blog, a common response is a confused and shocked expression, followed by, what? a blog? why? Some people who I have told, friends and family, have been supportive, and excited to read posts however others, I can tell, find it strange.

I started my blog a year or so ago, and it wasn't until the last few months that I decided to tell people about it. Occasionally posting it on social media, and dropping it into conversation. Before that, I was a little embarrassed. But I am not embarrassed anymore, in fact I would say I was proud of this little space I have which is part of the huge world wide web. Obviously my blog is no where near as successful or as big as other blogs. But none the less, I love it, it is just for me, to write about whatever I want, for me to use as a platform for my ideas, my interests.

Incase you didn't know, I want to work in the media industry. At the moment my direction is steering towards magazine journalism, but on my 3 year course at university I hope to explore: different types of journalism, TV, Radio, PR & Events Management in order to see what I am best at, and what I enjoy more to hopefully pursue a career in. Many media professionals broadcast their ideas and thoughts via an online platform such as blogger or wordpress. This blog acts as a platform for potential employees to see my writing skills, my hobbies, and a little bit more about me. The industry I am hoping to become a part of encourages online activities such as blogs and social media, so for me, having a blog is certainly not 'weird' in fact it is extremely common and very normal.

The blogs I tend to read and follow, are mostly lifestyle blogs, fashion and beauty blogs, travel blogs and blogs of people just like me, with not a huge readership, but the same content and the same aspirations. My readership is growing everyday, and I couldn't be more proud that people are continuing to come back and read my posts.

This was just a quick and simple post, mainly to explain the reasons behind blondiei for those of you who don't really understand the blogging world. Also I would like to thank each and every reader who has took the time to read my posts and I really hope you enjoy them as I really enjoy writing them.

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...