Friday 26 December 2014

Family Time at Christmas



Today I have spent boxing day with my lovely family. This morning we went on a loooonnnggg walk with our little dog Benji all down the canal. There was so many people walking the same route as us, it must be the thing to do on Boxing day aha. It was lovely to be out in the fresh air all morning, we definitely walked off all that we ate on Christmas Day in preparation for all the food we were about to consume today.

In the afternoon the sky decided to bless the midlands with some snow, much to my boyfriends annoyance as his football match was called off mid-game. But I really enjoyed sitting inside watching the snow fall with my hot cup of tea getting ready to go out. I love it to snow at this time of year however when it randomly decides to snow in February (Typical of the UK weather) it's not that great as we have places to be, but for today it was most welcome. 

For our evening meal we headed down to The Mermaid, a country pub right by our house. I had a steak (as usual) with mushroom sauce, my Mom and Dad also had steak, and Molly had chicken. It was lovely to be together for the whole day today, we all have busy lives and although we live in the same house it's not often that we are all together for a whole day. 

Now we are flicking between Christmas specials on the TV in our pyjamas and I couldn't be more content. I love this time of year where you can do nothing and not feel guilty about it, you can stuff your face with whatever you want and watch films all day and it is totally acceptable. Today is the last official day of the Christmas celebrations and tomorrow we begin to ease back into normal life. I am extremely grateful for my beautiful life where I am so lucky to have such amazing, supportive, fun and loving people around me. I am so blessed. 

I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas break however you celebrate and whoever you chose to spend it with, whatever you got under your tree, wherever in the world you are, I wish you all a Merry Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, filled with happiness and love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...