Saturday 25 October 2014

Update: University, Blogging & Writing for the Student Magazine

Hi guys,

A quick update, i've been at Uni for about a month now, and I'm well and truly into my course. It's a very fast paced course and even though we're on week 4, some of my modules only last 9 weeks so it's intense, but it's exciting and fun. There are so many things I am excited for over the period of the first year. At the moment I am doing Journalism, Media Relations(PR) & a theory module in Media and Communications. They're all really fun and interesting and hands on, so it isn't ever boring, after Christmas I am doing my theory module in Journalism, PR and The Media, and my production modules in TV location and Events Management. I really want to do Radio studies & Photography too, but we could only pick 4 production modules :(! But the ones i've chosen this semester I have really enjoyed so i'm sure i'll have made the right choices for next semester too.

I'm also part of the Media group at Uni, and I'm writing for the University magazine, i'm interested in getting involved in the other aspects of the group which are TV, Radio & Photography. But at the moment i'm just doing the magazine, my articles have already gone online and a couple have been sent forward for the print issue which is due out mid November! I originally wanted to join and write for the Fashion & Beauty section, and my articles for print were on AW14 trends for both Women & Men. But I am now trying to write a variety of articles so that I can see what I like and am good at, I've written for the 'news' section and also the 'student life' section so far and hope to continue writing a variety of different articles for the different sections.  Read my news article here and my student life article here 

My days are quite long because I commute into Uni which can take up to an hour and a half sometimes due to public transport and its many difficulties! So sometimes when I get home (sometimes as late as 8 o clock) I don't feel like doing anything but collapsing in front of the TV. So due to the amount of work i've been getting aswell as the long days, working at the pub, writing for the magazine & actually having some sort of social life, my blogging game has not been strong. I have been trying to blog when I can, but I don't ever want to resent blogging, and feel like I have to do it. I enjoy it so much I want it to stay as my hobby and not become a chore.

Thanks for sticking with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...