Monday 20 October 2014

7 Deadly Beauty Sins


Sleeping in your make-up


One of the ultimate sins we all commit. Sometimes, it's a late night and i'm all snug in bed and yes, I can't be bothered to walk to the bathroom to take my make up off. This is actually really bad for your skin, it can dry out your skin, give you spots & make your eye lashes brittle and worn. After reading an article on the daily mail website. It's made me think twice about sleeping with my make-up on.

Orange face, white neck. Foundation blips. 

This is a sin that we've all probably had a disaster with at some point, normally when we're a bit younger. My advice is when you go to by you're foundation ask the ladies on the counter, they are trained and payed to help you. They will find the perfect match for your skin! 


Not having a skin care routine 

I shamefully admit that at the moment I do not have a set skin care routine. In the morning I wash my face with aloe vera soup and use boots everyday moisturiser before putting my make-up on and at night I use boots own make-up wipes. I do not use cleansers or any of the other fancy skin care routines that I read about on bloglovin and watch on youtube all the time. I am going to invest in a proper skincare set, and begin to add it into my daily routine as it does appear to be very beneficial, but at the moment my skin is being deprived.


Picking nail varnish off 

This is one of the worst things I do, I do my nails all pretty and lovely then within an hour one of them is picked of. WHY? Urgh. I have no advice as I do not know how to help myself! Any suggestions? 


Lack of sleep

This is definitely an old wives tail that we often roll our eyes at. But the concept of 'beauty sleep' is actually true. Late nights really do creep up on you around your eyes, causing bags under the eyes and a little bit of discolouring. It also means you have less energy when you're tired which means you're not as happy and as smiley, having an overall impact on your persona. 


Fake tan hiccups

Fake tanning, you've either got it or you haven't. I haven't. I now just use the Dove Daily Moisturiser that every day helps you build and maintain a tan. If I'm going out say on a Saturday night, ill start applying the product every day starting the Tuesday before, this gives a natural tan, and as I'm pale anyway it works for me.


Neglecting products 

We all know the excitement when we have a new product, using it quite a bit for the following weeks. But then, after a bit we neglect it. I always end up doing this, I LOVE something so much, then I get bored, and love something else, pushing the other product to the side. I hardly ever get to the emptying a product stage. Normally because there is just so much make-up and beauty products out there to choose from. This is bad for your bank balance as well as bad for you. When you rediscover the makeup you neglected months ago and start using it again, it could well be out of date, and you could be harming your skin or eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...