Friday 1 August 2014

Celebrity Inspired Make-Up - #1 Iggy Azalea

My Boyfriend has a big celebrity crush on Iggy, and don't we all? Her make-up and style is always bright, bold and exciting. On this miserable, raining afternoon (great start to August ay) I was debating what to do with myself, so I looked through my blog post ideas list and came across 'celebrity inspired make-up' and immediately Iggy popped into my head. I typed her name into google images and scrolled through the pics! My favourite look of hers is the bright pink lipstick and big bold eye-liner look that she does oh so well. So I gave it a shot. At first, I did consider filming me attempt it, and half way through my phone lost battery (note to self - always charge phone before filming) so unfortunately pictures will have to suffice. 

Below is the picture I chose to use of Iggy, I had it in front of me to look at throughout.


 Her face makeup is quite simple so I chose not to use foundation, instead I hid all blemishes and discolouration with concealer. As you can see the make-up artist has used highlighter and contouring to exaggerate Iggy's cheek bones, to imitate this I used my No 7 bronzer just below my cheekbone. 

As I am naturally blonde, my eye-brows are blonde and can hardly be seen. I used 'Cinnamon' from my Estee Lauder eye-shadow palette to colour them in, making them stand out a bit more as Iggy's do. I then used my BROWdrama from Maybelline to set them into place. For a base on my eyes I used Studio primer. Then covered them in 'Freestyle' from my Urban Decay Palette. On the lid of my eye I used 'Cinnamon' again as the lid of Iggy's eyes is clearly darker than under her brow. I then used Ted Baker liquid eyeliner to create flicks on my eyes and coloured it in, a lot thicker than I am used to but I think it looks good, especially for a night out. I then used my normal mascara's that i've spoke of in the past, Illegal Length by Maybelline and Scandal Eyes by Rimmel London. 

On my lips I used a product I got given at London Fashion Weekend last year. I haven't really worn in it very much, but I am definitely going to start to wear it more. This lipstick really completes the look and ties it all together. The lipstick is 'Fuchsia Flash' from Maybelline, if you can get your hands on a bright lipstick I think it's definitely worth it as your lip colour can completely change your face. 



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...