Tuesday 29 July 2014

Leavers Prom 2014

Leavers Prom 2014 

This post is long overdue, my prom was last month and I have meant to do this post for a while but I have just been so so busy. The post will be a mixture of "What's On My Face" as well as all about my dress and the accessories I chose! 



Whats On My Face:
I did my own makeup for Prom using all my own products. My friend Hannah (who also did my hair) helped me aswell as we were running a little late and had like 15 minutes to do my makeup ! Stress !
Face:
No 7 Colour Calming Primer, No 7 concealer in 'Cool Vanilla', Dior Foundation in 'Nude', No 7 Pressed Powder in 'Translucent', No 7 Bronzer, Rimmel London Blusher in 'Pink Rose'
Eyes:
 Urban Decay Eye Primer, 'Cinnamon' Eye Shadow from my Estee Lauder palette, 'Barlust' and 'Kinky' from my Urban Decay smokey eye palette, No 7 Stay Precise Liquid Eyeliner, Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara in Black, Rimmel London Scandal Eyes mascara in Black and finally BROWdrama in Dark Blonde on my eyebrows
Lips:
Mac Lipstick in Creme Cup and Rimmel London Royal Gloss in 'Yummy' 
----------------------------------------
Hair
 Hannah is a hairdresser so she kindly came round to do my hair. After many different styles we practised we went with 4 french plaits back to half way across my head with little bits curled at the front. The back plaits crossed over and joined each other and we put little diamonds in there. The rest of my hair was loosely curled. 
----------------------------------------
Outfit:
My dress (above) was a peachy colour, full length and strapless. It was very different from my Year 11 prom dress (which was black). I thought it was a bright, stand out choice. 
----------------------------------------
Accessories
My shoes & bag were matching and both from Next. The clutch bag was given to me as a birthday present from a lady at work, and it miraculously went very well with my prom dress as the colour of my dress was hard to match! The shoes we then found in next when shopping with my mom, it was all very lucky! Both the bag and shoes were a metallic shimmery colour, and quite subtle yet set the dress of nicely (I thought). Up until I had my dress on prom day and was ready to go downstairs I had no accessories I assumed that because my hair would be down I wouldn't need a necklace, how wrong I was. Once the dress was on and my make up and hair was done, I panicked - I definitely needed some accessories to go with it! My friends were coming round in like 10 minutes time and I had no accessories to wear - stress (again). My mom saved the day by rummaging through her many draws and accessory boxes and found the matching necklace, bracelet and earrings that she has had 'for years' apparently but hardly wore them. I couldn't believe how well they matched my dress and how much they completed the whole outfit, we were all in shock!



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...