Wednesday 20 August 2014

A*BC

A week later, and i'm finally updating you on my results. If you've been following my blog for a while, you'll know that i've been studying my A-Levels and taking exams, you may remember a post last year where I was confused on what to do next.

A few months back, I decided that if I got the grades I would go to university, as I found a course which is really, really exciting and sounds like it will suit me and get me into the area of work I want to go into. The course is based around media and communications, and i'm hoping to study modules in Journalism, PR, Events Management and potentially Radio and TV. I'm not going to go into what University i'll be attending as that is a little dangerous considering this blog is accessible to anybody on the internet (scary thought).

Fortunately, I got offered a place at the Uni at my interview and I was over the moon, and accepted the place as soon as I got home as my firm choice. I had an insurance choice on UCAS just incase anything went wrong but I had my heart set on my first choice, and planned to work for a year and have a year out of education and try again if I was unsuccessful in my exams.

However, somehow I managed to get grades Distinction* in Health and Social Care, which is equivalent to an A* in terms of grades. I got a B in RE which I was a little disappointed in as I know I could have done better! And I got a C in English, which was what I was expecting. Therefore I got into the Uni! I was extremely relieved and happy when UCAS updated my application and confirmed my place.

Now all i've got to do is wait for my joining details. The University is about an hours drive and 30 minutes train journey from where I live so I will be staying at home and commuting to and from Uni. Some of you may think this is boring and i'll be missing out on 'Uni life' but i'd much rather be at home and around all my friend's, family, boyfriend - it also means I can keep my job here and still earn money whilst studying.

Hope all of you reading who have had exams got the results you wanted and were successful in whatever you plan to do next, whether that is going to University or starting an apprenticeship or looking for work.

And to all of you waiting for GCSE results which I believe come out tomorrow GOOD LUCK!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...