Thursday 31 October 2013

What's in?

As a 17 year old girl, I would consider myself quite 'in' with the fashion and trends. After a day of shopping at the Bullring in Birmingham I thought i'd do a quick blog post on my finds and what appears to be in right now.

1) Right. So the first 'trend' dominating the shops is black and white clothing; b&w stripes, squares, random patters, on tops, on leggings, on coats aswell!

Here is a picture of the b&w trend on the catwalks earlier this year.

Here is the top I purchased today:




It is from Republic and it cost me £12. I love this top as it is very versitile. It could be dressed up - by wearing it with a leather skirt and some black heels - or dressed down, with jeans, boots and a leather jacket.

Here are the leggings I purchased today:



These leggins are from H&M and cost me £7.99, which is a complete bargain, as I wear leggings day in day out, so for me leggings are essential for the wardrobe. I'd pair these leggings with a bright jumper, some converse and a coat in the winter months.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) The second trend i've noticed in the shops is something known as a 'wrap' skirt.

Examples of wrap skirts in the high street stores:

OASIS!
Faux Leather Wrap Skirthttp://www.oasis-stores.com////fcp-product/4850002101?gclid=CN3y56bmwboCFa-WtAod9XkA-g

TOPSHOP!

Silk Wrap Skirt By Boutique


http://www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/silk-wrap-skirt-by-boutique-2021789



















The wrap skirt I brought today was from Firetrap.




This skirt was £25:00 and i've fallen in love with it. This is a piece you can dress down, with black tights, black boots, a plain top and a cardigan. However you can also dress it up, on the USC website (http://www.usc.co.uk/rock-and-rags-by-firetrap-baroque-top-657255) there is the matching top for the skirt, which creates a 'Two-piece' another popular current trend. By wearing the skirt and matching top you have an evening outfit, which you could pair with some heels  and a clutch bag! Perfecto.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) The third trend which is absolutely everywhere right now is Tartan! If you didn't already know this, what planet are you on?! The shops are filled with tartan, I absolutely love this trend. I have already bought a dress onnline in tartan pattern from dollybowbow.

The dress looks like this:



It is £28:00 and i think its beautiful! I'd pair with black tights, black boots and a long coat.

And the second item I have bought in Tartan is a scarf:

Red Traditional Check Scarf    Photo 1 of Red Traditional Check Scarf

The scarf was £14.00, it is not typically red patterened but instead it has a twist and is a more orangey colour. I love it! As it is a scarf i will obviously be wearing it on colder days, the bright orange will add colour to my outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...